Raugust Communications provides writing and editorial services to publications, corporations, consultants, and entrepreneurs.
In addition to her long career writing books, reports, and articles about licensing and merchandising, Karen Raugust has written for more than 50 magazines and newsletters (print and digital) about a variety of topics, including:
- art (Art & Antiques, American Artist, U.S. Art)
- entertainment (Animation Magazine, Animation World, Billboard, Emmy, Hollywood Reporter, Variety Jr.)
- retailing (SportsFan Retailer, Drug Store News, E-Commerce Business, Supermarket News, SN Whole Health, Video Store Magazine)
- publishing and media (Editor & Publisher, Publishers Weekly, Free Paper Publisher, New Media Week, The Writer, Writer’s Digest, Writer’s Journal)
- advertising, promotions, and marketing (Advertising Age, B2B, The Counselor, Direct Sales Journal)
- food industry (Blueprints, Food Distribution, Natural Food Network, Produce Business)
- business (City Business, Sports Business Journal, Training)
- travel, environment, and other topics (American Girl, Hemispheres, Wildlife Conservation)
Books and Reports
Karen has written more than two dozen books and reports. She has authored several research reports for Simba Information, including PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast, Market Opportunities for PreK Instructional Materials, PreK-12 Online Course Market Forecast, and PreK-12 Professional Development Market. She also has contributed to books by other authors and editors, including The Advertising Age Encyclopedia of Advertising for Crain Communications and Contemporary Fashion, American Women Writers, and The Dictionary of Modern Dance for St. James Press, among others.
In addition, Karen has authored a number of books on the licensing business, including The Licensing Business Handbook, The Licensing Letter Food and Beverage Licensing Report, International Licensing: A Status Report, The Global Market for Licensed Preschool Properties, The EPM Fad Study, and many more.
Raugust Communications offers corporate writing (newsletters, websites, white papers, articles, etc.), substantive editing, ghostwriting, copyediting, and proofreading services.
A small sampling of current and past clients includes Meritas, a global alliance of law firms; The Hosta Journal, the publication of the American Hosta Society; Voot Boot Shapers; the Chicago Marathon; Facts On File; Powder Metal Technologies, LLC; and SALA Architects.